- Databases: MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres
- Frameworks: React, Vue.JS, Swift
- Development Environments: Visual Studio Code, XCode
- Operating Systems: Linux, OS X
- Source Control: Git
- Documentation Formats: Markdown
- Content Management Systems: WordPress, Ghost
I’ve been called an architect, engineer, developer, and advocate, but I can best be described as a software developer with a unique combination of skills in building solutions and communicating their value to stakeholders at all levels. I particularly enjoy solving business problems with a variety of technologies and then enabling others to understand these solutions and leverage them to achieve business results.
Director, Developer Relations
2018-03 - Present
Conference Speaker, Presenter and Developer Advocate. Primary objectives include increasing awareness and enabling the community of developers through sample apps, blog posts and content and through event management, sponsorship and engagement.
- Organize developer events, and create content to increase awareness and enable the developer community.
- Write articles, record screencasts, and videos for MongoDB's primary web properties.
- Help to build and nurture the startup community through the MongoDB Startup Accelerator program, an initiative designed to help startups succeed by offering access to the software and services to help them build and scale their business.
Selected Content Samples
Sr. Solutions Architect
2015-01 - 2018-03
Responsible for guiding and informing customers and users throughout the process of designing and building reliable, scalable systems using MongoDB. Design systems, applications, and infrastructure to help drive some of the world's largest software development projects leveraging MongoDB. Advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making the best use of MongoDB. Assist in the creation and delivery of enablement material to train all MongoDB new hires on MongoDB technology and platforms.
Sr. Solutions Consultant
2013-06 - 2015-12
Pre-Sales Software Consulting Manager
2011-01 - 2013-07
Provide direction, leadership, and focus to a team of Pre-Sales Software Consultants to enable and support the enterprise sales and account management teams. Identify and develop opportunities, guide product development and assist in technical marketing cycles. Specialized in data center automation, configuration management, and application deployment product suites. Build and develop solutions and content specifically to help enable the team. Hire, mentor and grow the team from 3 consultants to 6 at the time of my departure.
2010-04 - 2011-01
- Created automated firmware/bios update utility based on PXE/TFTP used to improve the efficiency of deploying hardware firmware updates.
- Created a suite of tools to facilitate server inventory data capture and analysis in support of SAS70 and other audit requirements.
- Initiated proof of concept and vendor product evaluation for IP Address Management.
- Created an evaluation framework to capture requirements, test criteria and ultimately provide the necessary data to facilitate a product decision. Maintained primary responsibility for external DNS maintenance all TD Ameritrade and affiliated brands.
- Implemented a new system for incident and problem management utilizing Atlassian Jira integrated with email.
Vice President, Engineering Manager
Bank of America
2006-10 - 2010-04
Responsible for a team of engineers primarily engaged in System Design; definition and documentation of the hardware, software, infrastructure components, modules, interfaces, scalability and availability solutions to meet the demands of business and technology partners. Review application developer requirements and build architectures leveraging a portfolio of approved solutions. Review and test vendor products for possible including in the standard portfolio of solutions.
Vice President, Head of Linux/UNIX Engineering
2000-03 - 2006-10
Started as a consultant and individual contribute and worked in various engineering, architecture and leadership capacities.
• Responsible for UNIX and Linux Operating System and Hardware Standards Set and Maintain Roadmaps and Strategic Direction for Linux/UNIX Platform Standards Manage a team of engineers responsible for development and maintenance of Engineering Standards for OS and platforms - standard builds and deployment tools.
• Responsible for all inter/intranet web sites and web applications including Merrill Lynch's primary internet presence www.ml.com and www.worldnet.ml.com (internal.)
Advisory Board Position:
Open Source Development Labs, Linux on Wall Street Subcommittee
Pennco Technical Institute
Associates in Specialized Technology 1984 - 1987
Advisory Board Member
2018 - 2019
Assist in decisions related to media, events and content directed toward developers, developer relations individuals.