- Databases: MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres
- Frameworks: React, Vue.JS, Swift, Buffalo
- Development Environments: Visual Studio Code, XCode
- Operating Systems: Linux, OS X
- Source Control: Git
- Documentation Formats: Markdown
- Content Management Systems: WordPress, Ghost
I’ve been called an architect, engineer, developer, and advocate, but I can best be described as a software developer with a unique combination of skills in building solutions and communicating their value to stakeholders at all levels. I particularly enjoy solving business problems with a variety of technologies and then enabling others to understand these solutions and leverage them to achieve business results.
Director, Principal Developer Advocate
2018-03 - Present
International Conference Speaker, Presenter and Developer Advocate. Primary objectives include increasing awareness and enabling the community of developers through sample code, blogging content and through community engagement.
- Help to build and nurture the startup community through the MongoDB Startup Accelerator program, an initiative designed to help startups succeed by offering access to the software and services to help them build and scale their business.
- Build strategy and program for Emerging Developer Relations targeting Academic and Startup partnerships.
Selected Content Samples
Global Head of Developer Relations
2018-02 - 2019-08
Responsible for rebuilding the Developer Relations team from the ground up. Create and implement a strategy to increase awareness and change perception of MongoDB. Key Accomplishments:
- Recruited and Hired 10 Developer Advocates
- Implemented Strategic Initiatives
- Managed Expenses, Budget and Financials for Events, Advocacy and Community
- Contributed to Content, Community and Code Samples
- Developed team web presence (netlify, HuGo)
- Write articles, record screencasts, and videos to educate and raise awareness of MongoDB's products and platform.
Sr. Solutions Architect
2015-01 - 2018-03
- Responsible for guiding and informing customers and users throughout the process of designing and building reliable, scalable systems using MongoDB.
- Design systems, applications, and infrastructure to help drive some of the world's largest software development projects leveraging MongoDB.
- Advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making the best use of MongoDB. Assist in the creation and delivery of enablement material to train all MongoDB new hires on MongoDB technology and platforms.
- Assist in Enterprise Account planning, technical champion building and in all technical aspects of planning and execution of strategic sales campaigns.
Sr. Solutions Consultant
2013-06 - 2015-12
- Start-up Software Consultant - helping in a pre-sales capacity to build champions and enable individuals to understand the power of Medallia's software to change and solve business challenges.
- Hired and built a team of solutions consultants.
Pre-Sales Software Consulting Manager
2011-01 - 2013-07
- Provide direction, leadership, and focus to a team of Pre-Sales Software Consultants to enable and support the enterprise sales and account management teams.
- Identify and develop opportunities, guide product development and assist in technical marketing cycles.
- Focused on data center automation, configuration management, and application deployment product suites. Assisting in demonstration, proof of concept execution and technical consultation.
- Built and develop solutions and content specifically to help enable the team.
- Hired, mentored and grew the team from 3 consultants to 6.
2010-04 - 2011-01
- Developed an automated firmware/bios update utility based on PXE/TFTP used to improve the efficiency of deploying hardware firmware updates.
- Evaluated and selected 3rd-party tool for IP Address Management.
- Developed and implemented an evaluation framework to capture requirements, test criteria and ultimately provide the necessary data to facilitate a product decision. Maintained primary responsibility for external DNS maintenance all TD Ameritrade and affiliated brands.
- Implemented a new system for incident and problem management with Atlassian Jira integrating email for notification.
Vice President, Engineering Manager
Bank of America
2006-10 - 2010-04
- Responsible for a team of engineers primarily engaged in System Design; definition and documentation of the hardware, software, infrastructure components, modules, interfaces, scalability and availability solutions to meet the demands of business and technology partners. Review application developer requirements and build architectures leveraging a portfolio of approved solutions. Review and test vendor products for possible including in the standard portfolio of solutions.
Vice President, Head of Linux/UNIX Engineering
2000-03 - 2006-10
- Responsible for UNIX and Linux Operating System and Hardware Standards Set and Maintain Roadmaps and Strategic Direction for Linux/UNIX Platform Standards Manage a team of engineers responsible for development and maintenance of Engineering Standards for OS and platforms - standard builds and deployment tools.
- Responsible for all inter/intranet web sites and web applications including Merrill Lynch's primary internet presence www.ml.com and www.worldnet.ml.com (internal.)
Pennco Technical Institute
Associates in Specialized Technology 1984 - 1986
DevNetwork - Advisory Board Member (Link)
2018 - 2019
Assist in decisions related to media, events and content directed at developers, developer relations individuals and leaders.
Open Source Development Labs - Advisory Board Member
2000 - 2003
Linux on Wall Street Subcommittee of Financial Services Technology Roundtable
Reviewer for the SIGCSE and ITiCSE Conference, 2020